It's ALWAYS a good thing to impress your boss...As long as you don't cross the line between impressing them and OUTSHINING them...Even though, deep down, you KNOW you'd do their job better...Here are some SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN ways to impress your boss:
1. Wear red to show you're focused, committed, and trustworthy.
2. Get to work earlier than your coworkers.
3. If you're a woman, wear makeup.
4. Have "executive presence" . . . which means confidence, calmness under pressure, and decisiveness.
5. Don't negotiate face-to-face . . . subordinate people perform better and show more skill in non-face-to-face negotiations.
6. Don't help your coworkers too much . . . you end up getting overloaded and can't perform as well on your own work.
7. Smile a lot.